LAMAR WARRIOR BOOSTER CLUB
TYLER DAVENPORT ATHLETIC
The Lamar Warrior Booster Club is offering the opportunity for a senior student athlete (male & female) to be a recipient of a $1,000.00 scholarship.
These scholarships will be presented at the LWBC Athletic Awards Banquet on Saturday, April 10th, 2014.
The essay subject is:
“Describe the life skills that you have gained through your athletic career and how they have helped prepare you for your adult life.”
1. Your essay MUST contain 500 words.
2. Your essay MUST be typed and double spaced.
3. Your essay can NOT be folded, you MUST use a large envelope to turn it in.
4. Your name must NOT appear anywhere in your essay, only on the envelope used to turn in your essay.
5. Your essay must be turned in on or before Friday, February 28, 2014 to Bonnie in the Superintendent’s office.
Any personal references to any family member or friends by name will automatically disqualify your essay.
The essays will be judged by 6 unbiased, unrelated individuals consisting of 3 LWBC members and 3 school employees.
To qualify for this opportunity, you must be a senior athlete.
Scholarship money will be only be awarded after the 1st semester is completed with a minimum GPA of 2.5, and is only awarded once.
Your parent/guardian must be a current member of the LWBC.
Signature of applicant assures understanding and compliance Date